LifeIsAllAboutSex

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Transformation from Undergrad to Graduate ( Part 1)

My education route is one with lots of long bends and turns. It definetly hasnt been straight and smooth.

Back in 1999 after i completed my National Service. Armed with an O level Cert, i was lost. I didnt know what was installed for me. All i learned in Army was to walk and walk and walk. We can walk from one end of Singapore to the other end. We climbed mountains in taiwan , Brunei and Thailand. I went Brunei twice. Pls kill me. It is always about walking. So what the hell am i going to do ?

After Army i found a job as a supervisor at Bonvest. I was a supervisor with Orange Julius. I had my own stall to run and with staffs to look after. After 3 months into the job i got bored. Am i going to sell hot dogs and make orange juice for the rest of my life? My dad once told me ... What ever u do please choose a properly and decent job .. that was back in secondary school days. After O level.. He was worry that i might stick to the kind of job that i intially started out with.

Somehow thinking back i sort of agreed with him now. Cos the first job i got was

1) Steak Escape ( Teppenyaki kind of restaurant)

2) Fratini Italian Restaurant ( At Taka)

3) Planet Hollywood (Singapore)

4) Planer Brahaus (One of the biggest restaurant in Singapore back then before they close
and reopen)

5) School Clerk ( Choon Boon Primary.. I prepare exams papers n stuff)

6) Outdoor sales... (This gotta be one of the worst job ..It a con job)
7) Orange Julius (Supervisor)

8) Life Guard

9) Swimming Instructor

10) Process Enginner

11) Property Agent.

Yes i got stuck in the F&B industry, i always have a soft spot for service line. The time i had working in all these places were great. Talking to strangers , chit chatting , providing a personal service and seeing them response to me and of cos being slam by the kitchen orders when the restaurant are full house... Those were the times.............

After a year working in OJ , i decided to apply for a place in one of the 4 polytechnics. Waiting for reply was one of the most painful thing for me back then... When i finally got a reply from Ngee Ann Poly i was like so freaking overjoy ...... We are pleased to inform you that your application for the course of Quality Management Engineering is successful. Wowohoho
i can continue with my education... Due to some reasons i got into Mechanical Enginnering.........
3 long painful years later , i managed to graduate with a diploma.

Some times you hear people saying aiyah .. what is diploma.???Everywhere you go, you any how ask someone on the street , he/she is a diploma holder. This is something which i agree, what is important to me is the process and progress to getting the diploma... Some people have it easy , life is a breeze for them . For me its never smooth, however i still end up at the same spot with the rest, which i personally felt is important to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from lifeisallaboutsex. Make your own badge here.

Free Web Counter